Having a great paucity of friends, relations, and so forth, I welcome all and sundry who wish to read this journal (and I, being too nosy for my own good, will read yours back).
After some recent issues with people friending me, I'd just like to make my policy on conduct in this journal clear.
1) Debate is good, personal attacks are not. Disagree with anything and everything I say, or anything anyone else says on this blog, but don't stoop to the level of hurling insults.
2) Telling me what I can and can't say in my own blog is not appropriate behavior.
3) If you make homophobic, transphobic, racist, antisemitic, antihispanic, ableist, sexist, or otherwise bigoted remarks in your own journal, or on forums that I visit, you will be defriended right quick. If you make them in MY journal, I will take all possible action against you, and you will be banned from my journal.
4) I am an angry evolutionary biologist, and am viscerally appalled by creationism and proselytizing religion. This does not mean that I hate religion. It means that you should keep your Bible to yourself.
5) This journal contains adult concepts, and I expect everyone reading it to behave like an adult in context of the journal.
If you are just interested in following me for my photography and/or rambling about nature, insects and herpetology, I would suggest following my blog instead, which is syndicated at wormsalad
- Current Mood: amused